Position Title: Crisis Intervention Coordinator – Full Time
Department: Community Development & Food Security
Location: 74 Firvalley Court., Scarborough, ON
Warden Woods Community Center
Warden Woods is non profit charitable organization that has been in operation for over 50 years, with a mission to build caring, compassionate, just, and interdependent communities in southwest Scarborough. We envision our agency to be a place where everyone belongs, everybody is somebody, everybody is challenged to be a part of the solution, we grow and help one another grow, consultation and communication are norms, not exceptions, together we can build and share in a better tomorrow.
Reporting to the Manager of Community Development & Food Security, the Crisis Intervention Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the provision of appropriate services to enhance the quality of life and personal wellness of clients and persons with disabilities, adults, with a focus on older adults. This position includes responsibility for the provision of case management services, project evaluation and outreach.
- Provide outreach and support to isolated older adults.
- Provide intake, assessment, planning, service co-ordination, supportive counseling, education, and advocacy.
- Develop intervention plans with clients and other service providers.
- Provide linkages and appropriate referrals.
- Complete documentation reports and monthly statistics and maintain accurate client records.
- Assist with short and long-term planning.
- Promote Seniors issues and advocate on behalf of older adults.
- Regular networking with community partners
- Networking regarding resource and program development
- Participate in meetings, events, and agency-wide fundraising and community outreach initiatives.
· Registered Social Worker, Bachelor of Social Work
· Minimum 3 years experience
· Specialized Training or experience related to job.
· Competent communication skills – oral and written English
· Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to work in diverse environments within an inclusive, client-centered framework.
· Availability to work evenings and weekends as required by program or community needs
Compensation and Hours of Work:
· $40,851.90 per annum
· Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 35 hrs/week
WWCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, colour, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage applications from BIPOC people, 2SLGBTQIA+ community members, people with disabilities, and members of other equity-deserving groups. Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Warden Woods Community Centre is a unionized workplace and employees are represented by CUPE Local 5218; this is a bargaining unit position.
A criminal background check is required prior to commencing.
Please send resume and cover letter via e-mail only with the subject heading: Crisis Intervention Coordinator in the subject line, no later than May 22nd, 2023.
While we thank all who apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,851.90 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person