COORDINATOR, PROJECT MANAGEMENT (JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER)
Job Posting #: 922187
Site: 67 College St
Department: Research Facilities Planning & Implementation
Reports to: Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy
Status: Temporary Full-Time (approximately 1 year)
Posted Date: July 6, 2023
Closing Date: July 20, 2023
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Project Management Coordinator in our Research Facilities Planning & Implementation Department. The Coordinator, Project Management (Junior Project Manager) coordinates projects under the direction of the Project Manager, Manager and/or Director.
- Developing plans to facilitate the cost effective and timely execution of multiple/simultaneous small-scale construction, redevelopment and program development projects for assigned user groups;
- Performing grant administration, procurement/financial management;
- Performing quality management responsibilities;
- Performing data management/communication responsibilities
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Science or related-Engineering or recognized equivalent required;
- A scientific background and/or training is preferred;
- At minimum, three (3) years related experience required;
- At least three (3) years working in a research lab environment required or equivalent;
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project);
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Experience in a project coordinator role an asset;
- Ability to produce reports and meet scheduling deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team’
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.