Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: No
Hours of Work: 19 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $40.00 to $50.00 per hour
Position Type: Part-Time contract to September 30th, 2024
We are very excited to offer the opportunity for a Coordinator, Oakwood Vaughan OASIS Project to join our dynamic organization. The Oasis model for aging well in naturally occurring retirement communities will be implemented in the Oakwood Vaughan community in Toronto. The Oakwood Vaughan community already has an active, passionate and committed Seniors’ Work Group that has developed strong support networks for seniors to age at home and in the community and to create an age-friendly community. The OASIS model implementation in Oakwood Vaughan will be led by a Leadership Group comprised of residents who have already participated in the Senior’s Work Group.
Reporting to the local Oakwood Vaughan OASIS Leadership group, and in partnership with the members of the Oakwood Vaughan seniors’ group, the Coordinator will plan, execute and report activities and programs that maintain and promote the physical, emotional and cognitive well-being of the senior participants in the Oakwood Vaughan OASIS project.
What You’ll Do:
You will be entrusted with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Spend a minimum of two days a week on-site;
- Plan and implement onsite programming (e.g., exercise classes, health education activities, recreation programming, communal meals) based on interest and input from the members;
- Act as general support for the participating community members;
- Liaise with local service providers as needed;
- Communicate regularly with a university research and evaluation team and a university-based community development support worker;
- Other duties as required.
What We’re Looking For:
To thrive in this exciting role, we seek candidates with:
- Activation Diploma or related education;
- 1 plus year Community Development experience
- Experience working with older adults in a formal program setting
- Experience working with volunteers
- Familiarity with reporting
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Team development and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing);
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset and preferred.
- Criminal background check
- In-person position
Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team? We can’t wait to hear from you! Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter by clicking “Apply Now”.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 899-7894.
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 19 per week
Salary: $40.00-$50.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-16