Please note that while you may notice the UHN logo or a reference to UHN in this posting, UHN is only hosting this online application on behalf of The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (the Partnership). The successful candidate will be employed by the Partnership.
Position: Coordinator, Contracts and Data
Reports to: Manager, Finance and Partner and Vendor Services
Location: Hybrid. The Partnership’s head office is in downtown Toronto. Candidates can work anywhere in Canada.
Job Level: Level 4 salary range: $54,419 – $73,626 per year; Compensation offered will be based on an assessment of the candidate’s knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, while ensuring internal equity.
Posting Date: August 13, 2023
Closing Date: September 10, 2023
The Partnership’s Finance and Corporate Services Division leads all services to secure a sound financial platform and ensure that the organization has the technical, operational, infrastructure, talent management and change management capabilities necessary to achieve the maximum impact for its mandate and budget. The team works alongside all divisions in managing financial aspects of programs and initiatives that aim to deliver on the eight priorities of the 2019-2029 Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control.
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis and supporting the Controller, the Contracts and Data Coordinator position is responsible for supporting the operations of procurement and partner funding activities, including procurement and partner funding documentation, approval workflows, records management, and reporting support for the Partnership.
Core Responsibilities & Activities
- Maintains and manages updates to procurement and partner funding documentation library. (policies, procedures, templates)
- Responds to inquiries on policies, procedures, templates, and tools and appropriately elevates issues to the respective team leads.
- Responds to inquiries on contract and vendor records, such as commitments and payments made which may require analysis of contract data.
- Facilitates the contract execution process as per the approved policies and procedures, including reviewing final contract documentation package, obtaining necessary approvals through the signature workflow process, and tracking contract commitment status.
- Coordinates Partnership teams to review upcoming expiry of contracts and perform analysis to identify contracts requiring changes or follow up to ensure contracts are closed appropriately and in a timely fashion through automatic system generated reminders, monthly reporting & direct communication.
- Ensures that all vendor, partner, contracts, and addenda data, including payment schedules are recorded accurately in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Maintains record of all contracts, amendments, and related documentation in the Record Management system. Ensures that all contract-related information is accurately recorded, organized, and easily accessible for reference or audits.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly reporting of contracts, pending contract commitments, including generating system reports, gathering data, KPIs, and other ad-hoc requests.
- Assists with development and documentation of procurements and review of vendor submissions for competitive and non-competitive procurements to ensure compliance with requirements as appropriate.
- Assists in preparation of contracts documentation, including verifying financial accuracy and content/format and maintaining partner and vendor information records.
- Acts as a liaison between internal teams and external parties involved in contracts. Facilitates effective communication, addresses inquiries or disputes, and fosters collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Coordinates vendor information sessions and vendor debriefs, as required.
- Maintains preferred vendor list and assists in administering the preferred vendor program as directed.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve processes and procedures to increase efficiency through discussion with the appropriate manager.
- Assists with the development of training materials and training.
The Partnership has core competencies which describe the behaviors we expect to be exhibited by staff. While the role overview and accountabilities describe what the successful incumbent will do, the competencies describe how we expect them to do it.
The competencies are a key element to how the Partnership measures performance. There are five universal competencies which need to be exhibited by all staff.
- Inclusive – values diversity and applies an equity lens; consciously thinks about who needs to be included.
- Agile – is constantly adapting to partners, priorities and outcomes; is committed to continuous learning and improvement; promotes new ways of doing things.
- Collaborative – partners and builds strong relationships; works effectively with team members, focusing on delivering individual contributions to meet collective outcomes.
- Outcomes-focused – focuses on the ultimate impact, priorities work with a focus on underserved groups.
- Systems-thinking – connects the dots between their work and the broader system, has political acuity.
- College Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, or other relevant discipline, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Obtained or pursuing professional certification in Procurement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in the non-profit or healthcare sector.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive)
- Experience or knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Bilingual in both English and French is an asset.
To apply, please attach to your application your CV and cover letter combined in one file in Word or PDF.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org