Company Mission Statement:
Lincoln Electric – The Welding Experts® It’s more than a slogan, it’s a reference to the knowledge we’ve gained in over 120 years as the global leader in the welding industry. Those 120 years have taught us to think locally, act globally and continually reinvent ourselves through R&D and innovation. We now have 63 manufacturing locations in 23 countries and a worldwide network covering more than 160 countries. Our technologies are everywhere – from buildings bridges, cars and ships to pipelines and wind powers all around the world.
Innovation, quality and integrity are what motivate us to be where we are: #1 in the welding industry. We believe in growth but more importantly, we believe in our people and the passion they share with us every day. We provide opportunities for our team to grow and develop. We strive to be fair and transparent with our team members. At Lincoln, you will not see a special parking spot for the President; however, you will find open doors to speak to any of our Leaders.
As part of a continuing legacy, working at Lincoln Electric Canada will give you the opportunity to contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to world challenges.
· To report to the Maintenance Manager or their designate and communicate all matters pertaining to the installation of new equipment in the plant and maintain existing equipment to ensure smooth running operation.
· Troubleshoot any problems which occur within the plant, either on the facility itself or on production equipment including PLCs.
· Follow maintenance schedule as closely as production permits, and when equipment is down temporarily perform maintenance functions.
· Ability to work a continental 12-hour shifts schedule in Toronto (rotating two weeks days two weeks nights)
· Continually meet company housekeeping and safety requirements, to identify and report any safety hazards within the plant, meet all WHMIS objectives and standards ensuring that all safety procedures are met.
· Perform lock-out, tagging, use personal protective equipment and apparel
· Read, create and modify electrical, instrumentation and mechanical drawing and specifications
· Use and repair electrical power tools and hoisting equipment
· Install, maintain and troubleshoot lighting systems
· Install, test and troubleshoot AC and DC variable and servodrives
· Install, test and troubleshoot AC and DC motors
· Install, test and troubleshoot AB, Omron, Panasonic PLC
· Install, test and troubleshoot instrumentation equipment
· Install, maintain and troubleshoot communication cables and components
· Write job related documents and use computer effectively
· Abide by and actively support Lincoln Electric’s Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures with respect to protecting the environment, the conservation of natural resources and the Health & Safety of all employees
· To participate co-operatively as an employee within the company’s GPMP and Merit Rating System.
· To actively participate in company, staff or individual one-on-one meetings on an ongoing basis for the purposes of effective teamwork, enhanced communication and progressive co-operation strategies within the department as well as other departments across the company.
· To continually contribute to the profitability of the company and ongoing business operations by initiating, recommending and implementing continuous improvement strategies and initiatives.
· To conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required by the Maintenance Manager in a timely and professional manner.
Education, Skills and Aptitude:
· Three years College Diploma in an Electrical Engineering Technology or similar program
· Familiarity with all electrical practices and procedures used in electrical maintenance, equipment installation and repair
· Ability to perform standard electrical maintenance and repair
· Previous experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred
Ability to work a continental 12-hour shifts schedule in Toronto (rotating two weeks days two weeks nights)
Please note: Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to provide proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment. Lincoln Electric Company of Canada has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds.
If you believe you have what we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the #1 Arc Welding Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Lincoln Electric Company of Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, record of offences, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other Prohibited Ground. Lincoln Electric Company of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. We appreciate your consideration for this once in a lifetime opportunity, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.
Please consult our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available at https://ch-delivery.lincolnelectric.com/api/public/content/85d41874bb474b88a3732c72d9ee6f4f?v=73bc1e90.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
Control Technician job details loaded