In collaboration with Operation and Sales, the Scheduler coordinates the assignments of field workers, vehicles, equipment and materials to accomplish customer work requests in the field, and administers related paperwork. This is a non-union position; Reporting to the Director, Sales and Customer Relationships.
- Solicits, receives and responds to customer request for service, both scheduled, short notice and emergency requests.
- Scheduling and monitoring allocation of work and efficient utilization of workforce, vehicles and equipment.
- Interfaces with all appropriate departments in schedule creation, updates and rework.
- Prepares key reports of daily hydrovac volumes, monthly utilization, downtime, short notice call-outs, etc.
- Answering phones, redirecting calls and monitors the general information email.
- Prepares and distributes the Daily Work Schedule.
- Prepares and updates the Weekly Work Plan.
- Follow up with customers for service requirements.
- Monitors equipment availability.
- Update field reports.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews.
- Coordinates field requirements, such as additional material, downed wires, etc.
- Promptly respond to customer calls and emails for work requests.
- Follow up on projects as needed to ensure completed job.
- Track field employee vacations / absences
- Track weekend and overnight call outs
- Maintain good customer relations through frequent contacts.
- Cooperate, communicate and work closely with the sales team.
- Prepare and distribute job information packages containing all relevant details of the location and work to be performed.
- Monitor field personnel, vehicles and equipment availability in order to coordinate work and schedules.
- Coordinates and tracks the redeployment of field workers and all equipment as needed through the day.
- Constantly look for improvements and help implement solutions.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Formal training in work scheduling a definite asset
- Past experience with fleet dispatch and/or scheduling in the construction industry. Field experience in hydro-excavation, water project is an asset
- Solid computer skills – Outlook, Word, and experienced using Excel
- Strong English communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Able to work well under pressure, flexible and adaptable, able to deal with change
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Proactive, strong attention to detail, very well organized, with excellent prioritizing and problem solving skills
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Open office environment
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required
- Overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00-$57,733.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Initial interviews will be done on a virtual platform. COVID-19 protocols are in place in the facility.
- hydro excavation field: 1 year (preferred)
- construction field: 1 year (preferred)
- construction services planning / scheduling: 1 year (preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (preferred)