Job Title: Construction Labour Dispatcher
Lincoln Construction Group is looking for a Construction Dispatcher to manage the allocation of construction workers to various sites and projects and assist with operational duties. The ideal candidate will have experience in construction and a strong understanding of the skills and abilities required for different roles on site. The Construction Labour Dispatcher will work closely with the Operations team and onsite workforce to ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time to keep projects running smoothly and efficiently.
With over 46 years in business, we provide dependable construction services to commercial, industrial, and multi-residential building owners and property managers in the Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario. Our range of services include asphalt paving, concrete work, site work, landscaping and winter property maintenance.
We offer full-time, permanent, year-round employment. Competitive wages, benefits and RRSP Match are available.
- Receive requests for labour from Operations and Project management and dispatch to appropriate location.
- Evaluate job requirements and determine the type and number of workers needed for each job
- Contact and schedule appropriate workers for each job
- Provide workers with details of job assignments, including location, start time, and duration
- Communicate with project managers to ensure that labour needs are being met and deadlines are being achieved
- Monitor worker availability and manage schedule changes as necessary through the day
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure that workers are being used effectively across multiple projects
- Attend and participate in operations scheduling meetings
- Maintain accurate records of worker assignments and project details and ensure that workers are meeting their goals
- Manage worker timecards and ensure that all labour hours are accurately tracked
- Project quality control – once job is complete, visit site and inspect site, pick up pylons and ensure project site is clean, take pictures of site and log in digital project files
- Manage GPS tracking system and monitor equipment
- Create tracking sheet for tools and equipment, monitor their whereabouts and ensure they are returned to proper location
- Pickup and drop off equipment and tools to jobs as required
- Find inefficiencies in internal processes and provide solutions on how to improve systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by operations and management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in construction and knowledge of various construction roles and responsibilities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and able to learn scheduling software quickly and efficiently
- Valid driver’s license and a form of reliable transportation
- Knolwedge in Maestro Software is a bonus
- The ability to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time
Desired personality traits:
- Problem solver and solutions oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Positive attitude
- Detail oriented and organized
The Construction Labour Dispatcher may work in an office environment, but will also spend significant time in the field, visiting job sites and managing workers on site. This position may require working long hours, including nights and weekends, to meet project deadlines.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit your resume for consideration.
Salary range: 50,000 + (Salary can be negotiated based on experience)
Start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction dispatching: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-04-03
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Service Flat Roofer and Service Flat Roofing Labourers
Senior Construction Estimator
Canadian Newcomer Jobs
333 Wilson Avenue
North York ON M3H1T2 CA
Phone: +1 (647) 945-5456