Personal Support Worker
We are looking for Community PSW’s for Richmond Hill
Schedule: Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm and weekends 3pm-11pm
Regular travel required between: Richmond Hill
Why work at RNS Health Care Services Inc?
- Competitive salary, group benefits and paid sick days
- Permanent statuses: Part time twenty five (25) to thirty two (32) hours weekly including weekends and evenings.
- Travel Allowance
- Mobile Device for applicable field staff
- Online and in person education sessions
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides personal support and homemaking services to clients and their families. This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills, the ability to work effectively with both clients and their families. We also require someone who is comfortable with regular travel across their designated area. Travel time is 15-30 minutes in between clients.
- Evaluates current personal support care plan and contributes to the development of the care plan; implements changes to plan if required and advises supervisor accordingly
- Reports any changes in the client’s or family’s personal support needs or home situation
- Provides personal care as directed by the Client Services Manager and his or her delegate. This includes assisting the client in daily activities (eating, dressing, etc) and other personal hygiene needs
- Performs personal support tasks reflecting the needs of the client such as: light cleaning, meal prep, laundry and companionship.
- Completes daily mobile check ins and proper documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), DSW, internationally trained nurses, Personal Support Worker program or Health Care Aide is required. We Are also accepting nursing students who have completed their first year of nursing
- First Aid / CPR certification is required
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screen (Within last three years)
- TB Test (Within last two years)
- Previous experience working with elderly, children are considered assets
- Must have reliable transportation; this includes a valid Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle insurance
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques up to fifty (50) lbs; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; use of elevators.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing concerned, competent and compassionate health care services within our community since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, offering services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. Please visit our website at https://rnshc.com/
Part-time hours: 32 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$19.95 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Monday to Friday
- Personal Support Worker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Richmond Hill, ON (Preferred)
- Personal Support Worker (Required)