Community Engagement Facilitator
Posting #: 921265
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: National Eating Disorder Information Centre (NEDIC)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $22.87 – $28.59 per hour
Status: Temporary Full Time (1 year)
Posted Date: June 22, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Community Engagement Facilitator executes NEDIC’s outreach activities under the direction of NEDIC’s outreach & education coordinator, to provide public education and professional development in order to raise awareness for NEDIC and food/weight preoccupation related issues through the engagement of key stakeholders; primary responsibilities include: developing relevant materials for outreach; delivering presentations/workshops; administering outreach activities; performing cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Develops, reviews, and evaluates current presentations for suitability; makes and implements recommendations for improvements
- Creates materials and other resources for program delivery including presentations, fact sheets, email newsletters, and social media promotional postings.
- Provides ongoing professional development, training services to teachers and other professionals throughout the public and private sector
- Provides presentations/workshops and outreach education to public audiences including students
- Co-facilitates delivery of public education and professional development with volunteers
- Assists the coordinator with reviewing outreach volunteers’ efforts and provides feedback on their presentation delivery
- Maintains responsibility for all administration and logistics related to the roles outreach activities
- Assists with evaluating requests for outreach
- Compiles and reports all outreach statistics for the coordinators reporting
- Collects, reviews and presents feedback on outreach to the coordinator
- Maintains the outreach and education databases for reporting, and engagement activities
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.