The Clinical Research Study Assistant is responsible for:
- Following established procedures & guidelines and comply with applicable regulations
- Provides assistance to study team in preparing environment for conducting research activities as per protocol.
- Performs data transcription from health records or other sources, as per approved study protocol and authorized access
- Redacting source, scanning, filing and organizing source
- Assists in the preparation and close-out of submissions to the Research Ethics Board
- Assists Study coordinators by obtaining signatures, maintaining study trackers, collecting CVs, Medical Licenses & Training documents and maintain Regulatory binders
- Helps with Study start-up like completing 1572, Financial Disclosure forms, QIU and help with close-out activities etc
- Performs administrative functions such as room bookings, supply ordering, maintaining timesheets, lab licenses, administrative binders etc to support management of department.
- Provides assistance with the maintenance & modification of electronic & paper information filing/retrieval methods, systems and/or formats along with archiving study documents
- At a minimum Community college diploma in a health related discipline, or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 to 6 months related experience, clinical research experience preferred
- Demonstrated relevant knowledge of clinical research and of human research regulations and guidelines of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies.
- Knowledge of Research regulations and guidelines (such as ICH/GCP, Tri-Council Policy, Declaration of Helsinki, FDR, CFR and Health Canada TPD as required)
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive patient data and information
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: July 15, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.