University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Clinical Research Study Assistant in our Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, University Health Network requires Clinical Research Study Assistant to work with its oncology and hematology clinical trial portfolio. This division runs a broad spectrum of therapeutic trials across all types of malignant disease.
The Clinical Research Study Assistant will provide administrative and regulatory support to the clinical research staff of the DMOH Clinical Trials Group. Principle responsibilities include supporting the clinical research staff with preparation of the submissions to the Research Ethics Board and Health Canada, maintenance of regulatory binders and study documentation, some data entry tasks, and other departmental administrative tasks. The Clinical Trials Group operates in accordance with the trial protocol, hospital and departmental guidelines and professional standards of practice. Data is assessed, compiled, recorded and submitted to cooperative groups and/or pharmaceutical companies or used for internal PMH studies. All data must be complete, accurate, timely and must be in compliance with applicable ICH-GCP, FDA and US federal code and Tri-Council regulations. The Clinical Research Study Assistant must be able to interpret the applicable regulations in order to ensure compliance. Quality assurance procedures are utilized to ensure high quality data is obtained.
- At minimum, completion of a College Diploma in a Health related discipline or a recognized equivalent in Health or Science Related Discipline. However a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a Health related discipline is preferred
- At least one (1) year experience in some or all of Oncology, Clinical trials, medical terminology, regulatory issues involving human subjects
- Demonstrated relevant clinical research knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organization, prioritization skills, good computer skills, ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Satisfactory attendance
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 24, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.