Job Posting #907567 Re-Post: if you have already applied to this position, please do not re-apply
Position: Clinical Research Coordinator I
Site: Toronto General Hospital Research Institute
Reports to: Principal Investigator & Clinical Research Manager
Salary Range: $65,910 to $82,388 per hour commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-time (Permanent status contingent on funding)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Clinical Research Coordinator I in the Techna Research Institute.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Our research team, respiratory dieseases, is a collaboration between UHN and Sunnybrook to improve the care of patients with Covid managing at home. We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to work as a Research Coordinator. The individual will be part of a clinical research team, assisting with all aspects of ongoing and upcoming research studies to study respiratory disease.
The individual will co-ordinate investigator-initiated research studies. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the list below. The Individual must have excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask and solve problems in an independent manner. Some flexibility to attend to off-hour (i.e, evenings, weekends), in-person recruitment of participants is a requirement of this role.
- Responsible for the recruitment of study participants collaborating with the Investigator and other members of the study team and other study teams
- Executes study related administrative tasks, including: conducting telephone and/or in-person clinical recruitment interviews, obtaining informed consent, collecting and entering data and coordinating patient visits/schedule as per study protocol
- Contribute to the preparation of abstracts, poster presentations, peer-reviewed publications and other relevant deliverables
- Carry out project-specific activities from project initiation to project completion. Preparation submissions to Research Ethics Boards; monitor project timelines and maintain study documentation in accordance with institutional policies and procedures
- Contribute to the development of research study protocols, including study design and analytic procedures, amendments for research ethics boards as well as Clinical Trial Repositories
- Manage process for Data Sharing Agreements / contracts
- Assists in study administration and study management: ability to adhere to research protocol and to carry out various aspects of conducting of a research study or a clinical trial.
- Financial duties relating to research study –related-activities such as liaising with Research Finance as necessary for activities such as new account setup, annual reporting, budget management, etc.
- Plan, implement, review and coordinate all aspects of data collection and source documentation, as per hospital policy and ICH/GCP guidelines
- Liaise with study team members to ensure high standards of quality and optimal management of research participant care
- May travel between study sites, as needed
- Provide functional supervision to assigned personnel (i.e., research assistants, trainees and students) and assist in the training and orientation of new staff
- Attend and participate in project-related meetings, including research team meetings including setting agendas, minute taking
- Occasional off-hour (evening, weekend work) may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in health services related discipline; BSc in Nursing preferred
- At minimum, three (3) years experience in a clinical research setting, recruiting participants into multiple studies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain professional communication and healthy relationships with staff, research participants and their caregivers
- Research skills including chart review, use of REDCap
- Time management skills: ability to prioritize workload and flexibility to adjust to changing work plans, schedules and deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer Proficiency including skills with MS office applications
- Strong work ethic with an ability to solve problems independently
- Evidence of training certification in Tri-Council Policy Statement -2 (TCPS-2) and the International Conference on Harmonization – Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (ICH-GCP) or willing to take on-line courses
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: October 7, 2022 Closing Date: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.