Job Title: Clinical Research Analyst
Job Posting #: 923598
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Center
Department: Cancer Clinical Research Unit
Reports to: Senior Manager, CCRU
Hours: 37.5 Hrs. per week
Salary: $56,020 – $70,034 annually: To commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Posted Date: August 17, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Princess Margaret (PM) Cancer Program has a robust clinical research enterprise. The Cancer Clinical Research Unit (CCRU) provides support for the PM clinical research program by providing oversight, operations, and key services. The CCRU Research Analyst will play a critical role in supporting the Epic Beacon workflows, Special Access Program (SAP), and will provide support for CCRU Special Projects.
This new role will be actively involved in the daily operations supporting the PM clinical research community. Primary responsibilities will be:
- Coordinating the Clinical Trial Epic Beacon build and validation processes, including: tracking study team completion progress, communicating with study teams and Investigators on target timelines, providing end user support, working closely with the Beacon analyst team to coordinate validations and streamline processes between research teams and Epic teams. Beacon completion can be time sensitive and is integral to providing quality care for patients on clinical trials at PM.
- Supporting the day to day operations for the Special Access Program, including providing support to investigators for their regulatory requirements to Health Canada, and ensuring all SAP patients are properly logged and managed within PM
- Supporting CCRU Special Projects and Operations, which may include: project coordination, acquisition and organization of information for operational reporting, support with development of presentations and CCRU marketing and communication materials.
The ideal candidate should have strong organizational skills, well developed interpersonal and communication skills, established critical thinking and analytic skills, experience with Epic Medical Record Systems, an understanding of clinical trial treatment protocols, and general understanding of change management and basic project management principles. Comfort with various computer applications, and adaptability towards change will be important, and knowledge and experience in clinical trials is preferred.
- At minimum completion of a bachelor degree in a health related field
- At least 1-2 years of Clinical Research experience
- Understanding of the Health Canada New Drug and Special Access Program Regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent organization skills
- Experience with small project coordination, with the ability to set personal deadlines, and achieve targets
- Demonstrated critical thinking, and ability to work independently and learn quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a multidisciplinary team.
- Keen attention to detail required.
- Experience creating SharePoint sites
- Proficient in MS-Powerpoint, MS-Excel, MS-Word, and overall strong computer skills
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards.
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks.
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.