View more 2 weeks ago
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Toronto General Hospital (TGH) is leading the way in cardiac care, organ transplants and the treatment of complex patient needs. Home to three of UHN’s major program groupings (Heart and Circulation, Transplantation and Advanced Medicine and Surgery), our highly skilled teams are committed to UHN’s vision of achieving global impact.
The Toronto General Hospital is currently seeking a Clinical Manager for General Surgery Inpatient Unit & Home TPN Clinic
As Nurse Manager, your sound judgment and strong leadership abilities will enable you to lead and develop a department focused on delivering quality patient care. In overseeing the day-to-day operations of the multidisciplinary Unit/Clinic, your accountabilities will include effective management of human, financial, and space resources, quality management, and resolution of patient care issues. Working in collaboration with the multidisciplinary Health Care Teams, you will support and advance the units, site and corporate strategic priorities. Your creativity and change management skills and experience will ensure success in the identification and operationalization of innovative changes to the care delivery model, enhancing seamless, integrated care and full scope of professional practice. You will develop and motivate a cohesive team and will identify and support educational strategies to enhance staff knowledge with respect to professional nursing practices and patient care.
- Client-focused and able to excel in a diverse, unionized work environment, you have at least 5 years’ progressive experience in a Nursing and Clinical capacity; Nursing experience on a Surgical Unit preferred. At least 3 to 5 years’ Supervisory or Management expertise. Your experience leading change management initiatives will be critical to your success.
- Licensed with the Ontario College of Nurses and you have a Masters Degree.
- You will have successfully demonstrated your initiative, judgment and leadership skills through previous projects, and will now apply those same skills in areas like improving patient care and flow.
- Your organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills will be a prominent part of your success in recognizing, analyzing and resolving problems before and as they arise.
- Your proven ability to work effectively and with composure under pressure/or stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines will be critical in this position.
- Membership with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, preferred
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.