Do you like working in a fast-paced environment and would like to further your career in a healthcare leadership role?
Your search ends here!
VON Canada, a highly-trusted non-profit organization, is seeking a dynamic Clinical Education Manager to provide leadership in clinical and professional practice education in Central East Ontario.
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
On Call: Yes
Location: Applicants from Scarborough, Peterborough, Northumberland and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply; the position would provide clinical leadership across these regions
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and direct the provision of quality and client-centered care
- Proactively assess and determine education programming for regulated/unregulated roles
- Responsible for performance evaluation of clinical staff
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate learning plans and practice education in support of VON Canada’s goals and objectives
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Travel compensation for visits across Scarborough, Peterborough and Northumberland
- Opportunity to work on a flexible schedule
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) and an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Smart phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
What we need from you:
- Passion, innovation and the drive to help your organization succeed!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BScN, BN) is required or equivalent; Masters is preferred
- Current registration with CNO
- Minimum 5 years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience
- Adult education certificate/diploma or additional education in adult education preferred
- Experience in developing education program and support materials
- A strong understanding of education theories and frameworks, practical application and knowledge transfer
- Experience in providing clinical education utilizing adult education principles and evidence-based practice
- Experience with wound care, IV therapy, and palliative care
- CNA, CAPSE, HOSPICE Care certification preferred
- Experience in a homecare setting is an asset
- Certificate or experience in Gerontology
- Knowledge of skin and wound management is considered an asset
Come for the job, stay for the learning, the growth, and the chance to make a real difference in the lives of everyone you work with!
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements