JOB POSTING # 922571
Position: Clinical Coordinator
Site: Toronto Western Hospital (Hybrid On-Site/Remote Work)
Department: Altum Health / UHN Medical Solutions
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-Time
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Altum Health / UHN Medical Solutions
This role falls within UHN Medical Solutions, a division of Altum Health focused on non-rehabilitation revenue generating work. The role will lead the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of quality improvement initiatives both at UHN and at external partner sites. Support identifying and engaging new partner sites will also be a core component of the role.
Please note that this is a hybrid on-site/remote work role.
The Clinical Coordinator is a program specific role supporting all International Direct Pay program functions within UHN Medical Solutions. In accordance with established standards, professional requirements and as an integral member of the health care team(s) the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the overall patient flow through a medical program for self-pay and/or third-party payers.
- Using advanced clinical judgment skills facilitates the client’s journey through the various medical services at UHN and is the customers main point of contact for admissions to the service/program and through the duration of a medical assessment and treatment program, and/or discharge.
- Implementing organizational initiatives regarding quality improvements and program development; planning, organizing, directing, coordinating clinical activities related to patient care
- Implementation, of the operation which coordinates and monitors the client journey to effectively identify manage customer expectations and requests to support desired client outcome.
- Acting as a clinical resource for customers by providing information based on clinical knowledge and theory/practice related to clients with complex health care needs
- Consult with and engage appropriate staff members, physicians, policies and others to determine course of patient’s journey
- Develop and maintain fundamental strong relationships with patients/families, external partners and other stakeholders by consulting, problem solving cases and providing ongoing clinical direction.
- Contributes to personal and staff development by promoting and ensuring a supportive/collaborative learning environment within the service(s) are based on the principles of adult learning and practice standards for clinicians, and other staff.
- Performs cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Works in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention’s of the Act, in a timely manner.
- At minimum 3-5 years clinically related experience, or 3-5 years on-the-job training required
- At minimum, completion of a bachelor’s degree in a Health-related discipline or recognized equivalent required
- Current valid Certificate of Practice from relevant Health related College (i.e., OT, PT, RN, SLP, SW, RT, RD etc.), required
- Knowledge and experience in 3rd party payer Medical services; either direct clinical care experience or case disability management experience required
- Excellent ability to anticipate and analyze risks and issues, explore alternatives, develop appropriate recommendations with project team, subject matter experts and present approach to senior leadership
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize multiple conflicting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Able to perform in multiple roles which contribute to project, operational or strategic goals/initiatives
- Strong tactical and good critical strategic thinking
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong presentation, writing, and/or training skills
- Excellent team building skills, listening, coaching, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient use of computer, software, and peripheral equipment, i.e., Windows, MS Office, MS Mail/Outlook, MS Project
- Membership in relevant Ontario College of Health-Related Discipline required
- Membership in relevant professional agencies and associations preferred
POSTED DATE: July 14, 2023 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.