CLERICAL ASSISTANT III
Job Posting #: 923955
Department: Health Records Services
Reports to: Supervisor, Health Records Services
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $21.07 – 26.34 hourly (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy)
Status: Temporary full-time (6 months)
Posted Date: August 25, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
- Processing Release of Information requests and maintains confidentiality of patient records
- Knowledgeable in PHIPA, FIPPA, PHA and other legislation related to Patient Health Information
- Assists customers with completing Authorization for Disclosure of Patient Information form.
- Assists in departmental quality improvement initiatives.
- Participates in capturing of data required for department scorecard
- Manages all requirements for Chart management in the area
- Performing reception activities such as answering and redirecting telephone calls, responding to basic internal and external inquiries, receiving and welcoming visitors and directing visitors to appropriate personnel/area
- Performing cross-functional clerical support functions and other related duties as required
- Knowledgeable with legislation affecting privacy, access and disclosure
- Knowledgeable in all Health Record functions
- Knowledgeable with EPIC Release of Information Module would be an asset
- Effective interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Exceptional telephone, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in a computerized Health Care Management System would be an asset
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.