Salary: $22.59 – $28.24 per hour(based on experience and knowledge)
Transforming Healthcare Delivery!
UHN Digital is one of the largest public sector health-care information management and information technology (IM/IT) service delivery organizations in Canada. A department of University Health Network (UHN), UHN Digital, is committed to its vision of transforming health-care delivery by improving the patient experience, addressing issues facing coordination of care and enhancing customer service and quality through outstanding project management and operational support.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Health Records, the CLERICAL ASSISTANT III provides clerical support services including:
- Processing Release of Information requests and maintains confidentiality of patient records
- Assists in departmental quality improvement initiatives.
- Participates in capturing of data required for department scorecard
- Participates in updating/revision creation of departmental policies and procedures
- Provides assistance and support with the modification and maintenance of electronic and paper information filing/retrieval methods, systems and/or formats
- Acts as a mentor/coach to students, volunteers and new staff providing training and guidance on various clerical functions within the department. Coordinate training/skills development and prepare the necessary documentation.
- Registration updates in HIS
- Assists with indexing, organizing, archiving and purging, files and/or documents, as assigned, following established policies and procedures
- Performing reception activities such as answering and redirecting telephone calls, responding to basic internal and external inquiries, receiving and welcoming visitors and directing visitors to appropriate personnel/area
- Be flexible in shift work
- Be flexible working at various other Health Records locations
- Performing cross-functional clerical support functions and other related duties as required
- At a minimum, completion of a 3 year Community College program from an accredited program of study or recognized equivalent – required
- Certification with CHIMA an asset
- Knowledgeable on Med2020/Winrecs software
- Registration processes an asset
- At a minimum 1 – 2 years practical and related experience
- Knowledgeable with legislation affecting privacy, access and disclosure
- Knowledgeable in all Health Record functions
- Effective interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Exceptional telephone, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in a computerized Health Care Management System
Staffing Advisor, Human Resources AOB– Posting # 863246
Posting: September 9, 2020 Ending September 23, 2020
For current University Health Network/SIMS employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN/SIMS thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.