University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Clerical Assistant III in our Finance Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
UHN Corporate Billing & Accounts Receivable & Registration (CBARR) is a high-volume, fast-paced department responsible for revenue through billing, collection and reporting. As an integral member of the cash office team within CBARR, the Clerical Assistant III will be responsible for the administrative functions of the Toronto Rehab – University Centre cash office.
- Sorts incoming source documents on a daily basis to facilitate and/or perform accurate and efficient data entry for payment application and other adjustments
- Collects payments and issues cash disbursements in accordance with UHN policies and records transactions accurately in Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management (HRCM) system
- Maintains accurate records and safeguarding of funds at cash office location (includes daily reconciliation and cash office close procedures), accepting coinage orders, preparing deposits for pick up by armoured vehicle services
- Performs customer service-related responsibilities including internal and external communication activities (for example, follow up on outstanding invoices)
- Provides assistance in obtaining payment approval forms for preferred accommodations at TR-UC site
- Provides back up coverage for census reporting, as required
- Performs cross functional duties, as assigned or requested consistent with job classification
- Project work or other assignments as directed by Supervisor, or Senior Manager
- Completion of Grade XII, or recognized equivalent required
- Completion of an Accounting diploma of duration not less than 2 years required (or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of related work experience required.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to perform accurate, detail-oriented work required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Basic mathematics skills and accounting knowledge required.
- Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive financial data and information required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others in assisting with the delivery of financial services required.
- Experience working in a health care environment a definite asset.
- Experience working in the financial field preferred.
- (A/R): Experience with hospital billing systems or other health care facility ADT (Admitting, Discharge & Transfer) systems preferred
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 17, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacte