Job Posting 880885
Position: Clerical Assistant II
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Laboratory Medicine Program, Pathology
Reports to: Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week; All shifts
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Clerical Assistant II in our Pathology Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a member of the Genetics team, the clerical staff work in a dynamic, collaborative, quality-focused environment. Clerical staff interact with technical, medical and management staff at UHN, in addition to external clients and partnering hospitals. The CLERICAL ASSISTANT II will have opportunity to exercise judgment and decision-making in the provision of moderately complex support service, including: performing clerical, statistical and financial processing activities; proofreading, typing/word processing and inputting data/information; providing support with the maintenance of electronic and paper-based information, including filing/retrieval systems; performing additional clerical functions, cross-functional support functions and other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Current experience in a diagnostic clinical laboratory
- Pathology department experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office required
- Experience with laboratory information systems preferred
- Experience with diagnostic report preparation preferred
- Strong knowledge of Medical Terminology required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to produce work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Problem solving skills with good decision making
- General knowledge of processes, procedures and standards
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: July 22, 2021 Closing Date: August 12, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.