University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Diet Clerk in our Nutrition Services Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The DIET CLERK is responsible for performing clerical functions to support the effective operation of the Nutrition Services department, including: updating diet order information in the patient card files; writing and updating central feeding ticket, in accordance with established protocols; receiving and processing dietary requests from nurses, ward clerks, dietitians and patients on a continuous basis; generating required print jobs from the computerized patient information system; entering patient diet orders menu selections in the Diet Office information system; performing other related computer responsibilities, as assigned; summarizing statistics, as per established schedule; ensuring the efficient operation of the diet office, within scope of authority; performing cross-functional clerical support duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required; performing all clerical functions within the department in order to cover for vacations and/or sick relief (other areas include Nutrition Distribution Center and Menu Clerk).
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Up to one (1) year related experience
- Alpha numeric data entry skill
- Experience in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred
- CBORD or equivalent software experience preferred
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English fluently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
POSTED DATE: October 8, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.