Job Posting #873346
Position: Clerical Assistant II
Site: Toronto Rehabilitation Institute; University Centre
Department: Outpatient Services
Salary: $18.60 – $23.25 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours Days M-F
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Our dynamic, multidisciplinary team consists of, but not limited to physicians, nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional support, social work, pharmacy, and pastoral care. The focus for the health care team is quality patient outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction.
The CLERICAL ASSISTANT II utilizes judgment and/or decision-making in the provision of the support service required for the department, including: performing moderately complex clerical, using office equipment to scan and categorize patient information; providing support with the maintenance of electronic and paper information filing/retrieval methods, systems and/or formats; performing reception activities; registering all new patients to the Clinic(s); performing additional clerical functions, as assigned; performing cross-functional support functions; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent, health related undergraduate experience preferred
- Medical Office Administration diploma/certificate is an asset
- Six (6) months recent related experience – experience working in a health care environment
- Computer proficiency
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to produce work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Ability to produce work that is accurate and reliable
- Problem solving skills with good decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Posted Date: March 18, 2021 Closing Date: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.