Position # 879452
Position: Clerical Staff
Department: Health Records Department
Reports to: SUPERVISOR, Health Records
Status: Temporary contract FULL-TIME (6 months) 2 positions
Salary: $16.92 – $21.15 (based on competencies and knowledge)
Transforming Healthcare Delivery!
UHN Digital is one of the largest public sector health-care information management and information technology (IM/IT) service delivery organizations in Canada. A department of University Health Network (UHN), UHN Digital, is committed to its vision of transforming health care delivery by improving the patient experience, addressing issues facing coordination of care and enhancing customer service and quality through outstanding project management and operational support.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Health Records the clerk provides clerical support services including:
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records
- Assists in departmental quality improvement initiatives
- Participates in capturing of data required for department scorecard
- Sorting, compiling, filing of loose reports
- Provides assistance and support with the modification and maintenance of electronic and paper information filing/retrieval methods, systems and/or formats
- Assists with indexing, organizing, archiving and purging, files and/or documents, as assigned, following established policies and procedures.
- Assistance in the transcription area
- Excellent customer service skills
- Acts as a mentor/coach to students, volunteers and new staff providing training and guidance on various clerical functions within the department.
- Performs cross-functional support functions and other related duties as required
- Completion of a HIM program an asset
- Knowledgeable with privacy legislation
- Knowledgeable in Health Record functions
- Effective interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Exceptional telephone, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in a computerized Health Information Management System would be an asset
Posting Date: June 20, 2021 Closing Date: July 14, 2021
Staffing Advisor, Human Resources AOB– Posting # 879452
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.