We are currently recruiting a professional, skilled and enthusiastic individual to work on our Terra Lumina
AV Team – Winter 2020 /2021 season. Reporting to the Technical Support Supervisor, this position will
provide technical support and operation for the Terra Lumina night walk outdoor AV installation.
HOURS OF WORK: 30 – 40 hours per week
# OF POSITIONS: 1
DURATION: July 2020 to Late April 2021
PAY RATE: Start: $23.93/hr, 520 hours: $25.53/hr, 1040 hours: $26.59
HOURS OF WORK/DURATION: Late afternoon to Late Evening, Thursday through Sunday, plus
Christmas Break, Family Day Weekend, March Break, and Easter.
- Assist with the technical support of professional light, sound, video, and computer equipment.
- Assist with show operation.
- Assist with pre-show and post show equipment checks.
- Assist with maintenance of inventory of AV equipment, tools and parts.
- Assist with equipment diagnostics and repairs.
- Assist with ensuring the security of AV equipment.
- Update computer, AV systems, and other related software.
- Provide statistics and reports.
- Proactively identify issues and research solutions.
- Provide directions to guests, answer questions and provide other assistance as required for guests of
- Remove snow as required for equipment operation and for safety of guests.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Diploma in electronics engineering or related field of study completed or in progress preferred.
- Experience as a lighting, audio or video technician in a live show environment such as theatre,
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of commercial grade lighting (DMX), audio, video
- Experience in operating, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing electronic equipment.
- Experience with AV products software changes, configuration, updates, and programming.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Self-starter, able to work with little direct supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle the physical (walk 5km+ and lift 50lbs) and climatic demands of the position.
- Problem solving skills with handling multiple priorities.
- Must be able and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Full G Class driver’s license valid in the province of Ontario is required.
CASUAL AV TECHNICIAN- LUMINA
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter no later than 2020-07-15 to:
*Please state “Application for Casual AV Technician – Lumina” in the subject line of your application.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto Zoo provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities, as defined under the Ontario Human Rights
Code. If contacted for an interview, and you require specific accommodation for the interview process because of a
disability or a medical need, then please advise the person contacting you of your requirements, so that arrangements
can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin the interview process.