Positions Available: 1
Compensation: $47,000.000 to $61,406.00 Per Annum
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
Reporting to a clinical program manager, the Case Manager provides collaborative, team-based and client-driven services to clients with complex mental illness and geriatric issues. The role provides a full range of collaborative, team-based and client-driven services to clients of the Psycho-Geriatric Multi-Disciplinary Team. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates services to senior aged clients at the point of intake to ensure that proper assessment and initial service response occurs;
- Works with Older Adults and understands aging specific complexities that include, but are not limited to, Physical Health, Cognitive impairment and Mental Health;
- Develops clinically sound case treatment plans, using appropriate assessment tools, that are specific to the needs of clients and the objectives of the program in question;
- Collaborates with other appropriate service systems, organizations and individuals to ensure that services are well co-ordinated and meet a high standard of quality care and/or supervision;
- Identifies problems and possible solutions for resource use, and collaborates for service improvement;
- Provides support and education to family/friends/caregivers of clients or prospective clients.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Completion of relevant post-secondary education (e.g. Geriatric Healthcare, Social Work and Social Services);
- In depth experience and knowledge of geriatric issues;
- In-depth knowledge of mental illness issues, the mental health system and other concepts related to the effects of serious mental illness;
- 3-5 years work experience in a geriatric health setting.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated case management and referral skills; and ability to effectively link clients to supportive services
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing)
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset and preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required;
- Must be willing to participate in an on-call rotation, if required.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization located in the west end of Toronto. We provide services for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by clicking “Apply Now”.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5541
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Commuter Benefits
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- G Class Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle (Require