Your profile might be missing qualifications mentioned in the job description
- Flexible schedule
CASE MANAGER, ADDICTIONS SPECIALIST
Assertive Housing First Team West – (AHFT)
One (1) Bargaining Unit, Permanent, Full-Time position
If you’re looking to contribute your expertise at a community-based organization making a positive impact in the lives of thousands of people each year – Cota would love to hear from you!
We provide a collaborative and inclusive work environment that emphasizes employee support, learning opportunities and excellence in our field. We offer flexible hours and employer-paid benefits for some classifications along with other perks and wellness activities.
For 50 years, Cota has been supporting adults with mental health and cognitive challenges to live well within their community. We provide person-centred support to help individuals find inspiration and hope in themselves, so they are better able to pursue meaningful change in their lives.
To find out more about us and our programs/services and employee benefits please visit our website!
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative professional. You should be passionate about supporting the delivery of safe, recovery oriented, client & family centered comprehensive services in manner that meets client needs. You will be excited to work within a quality improvement framework to identify opportunities for enhancing client outcomes as we continue to inspire and provide excellent support to our clients.
About the Team
The Assertive Housing First Team is an interdisciplinary team comprised of Case Managers who have expertise in Acquired Brain Injuries, Mental Health, Mental Health & Justice, Dual Diagnosis, Geriatric Mental Health, Addictions and Nursing
About the role
The Case Manager – Addictions Specialist will contribute to the development of comprehensive client-centered assessments and treatment plans and provide community-based short-term case management supports to an assigned group of clients, including education, crisis intervention, and linking to community resources. The Case Manager will have specific education and expertise that enables them to offer education and information regarding harm reduction strategies, motivating clients to change problematic substance use behaviors, and relapse prevention.
Summary of Duties:
- Conduct face-to-face assessments with clients at their locations including but not limited to home, shelters and hospitals
- Interact directly with referral source, physicians, and other services involved in client’s care
- Initiate services to clients at the point of intake to ensure that proper assessment and initial service response occurs
- Develop coordinated care plans with/ for clients and complete the Ontario Common Assessment of Need (OCAN) and other assessments as required
- Collaborate with other systems, organizations and individuals from courts, probation, short-term residential beds program, hospital and community to ensure a well-coordinated service system
- Record client status/progress using the appropriate documentation system
Summary of Qualifications:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. Psychology, Social Work, etc.)
- Post-graduate certificate or diploma in Addictions from an accredited educational institution required
- One year of experience in a position identified as Addictions Specialist
- Case management experience is an asset
- Experience working with people living with concurrent disorders (addiction and serious mental illness) is an asset
- Competence in providing recovery oriented services: assessments, crisis intervention, basic support, treatment
- Experience, alignment and commitment to harm reduction
- Knowledge of substance use interventions
- Competence in planning, implementing and evaluating group activities
- Demonstrated ability to use problem-solving techniques to identify and assess client need and develop appropriate intervention strategies
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and demonstrated ability to negotiate with others on behalf of clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent clinical judgement and decision-making skills, including a keen awareness of client-clinician boundary issues
Other Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Conduct visits in the clients’ homes, hostels, hospitals and other community settings as well as virtually where required
- Be comfortable working with a broad range of client groups
- Traveling to multiple locations between client appointments within a course of a day
- Have access to a vehicle
Please forward a cover letter and your current resume on or before September 8th, 2023 by 4:00 pm with the reference EX121.All applications have to be submitted through our career webpage. Applications submitted via any other means will not be reviewed/considered
Cota’s Values & Commitment
Cota’s core values of Hope, Respect, Dedication, Collaboration and Innovation are at centre of who we are and what we do.
As an equal opportunity employer, we remain dedicated to sustaining an experienced workforce that reflects Cota’s commitment to recognising everyone’s contributions, respect of everyone’s dignity, unique experience and potentials.
Cota will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Cota’s Diversity Statement
Cota remains respectful of all protected 7rights in line with the grounds laid out by the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Cota is also strongly committed to diversity and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
As part of our hiring process, you may be asked to complete demographic survey. This survey is voluntary and any information provided shall remain anonymous and confidential, only being used for the purpose of workforce reporting.
Cota’s Accessibility Statement
Cota is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our entire hiring process as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. For any recruitment related accommodation needs and/or requests please contact the HR Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Process: Cota may choose to conduct parts/all of the hiring process virtually. Please note that as part of maintaining an agile workforce, all Cota staff may be required to be reasonably reassigned to support the operational needs of our essential services.
Scent Free: Cota encourages a scent-free environment. Any staff or visitor attending any of our sites should please refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.)
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, due to high volumes of interests, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you, Cota’s HR Department.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Canadian Newcomer Jobs
333 Wilson Avenue
North York ON M3H1T2 CA
Phone: +1 (647) 945-5456