University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Call Centre Representative II in our Laboratory Medicine Call Centre.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Call Centre representatives are the first point of contact for hundreds of Laboratory Medicine Program (LMP) clients on a daily basis. This experience with the call centre establishes the client’s impression of and confidence in LMP. As an integral member of the LMP Call Centre team, representatives provide exemplary client support including inquiries for all LMP departments, data base searches and maintenance, report handling for the various LMP clients including: UHN home hospitals and all external clients and quality management. Must provide fast, accurate, pleasant and professional customer service to LMP staff and clients over the telephone. Understands and uses all aspects of the laboratory reporting system, including sending reports to remote printers, faxing and via courier. Maintains strict confidentiality according to UHN guidelines. Adheres to policies and procedures related to report handling and is responsible for the distribution of reports as well as the transcription of referred-out test results into the LMP LIS system. The LMP call centre representative will also generate database searches for specific test results and order “add-on” tests in the LIS. The representative will be responsible for communicating to the various laboratories when necessary and in turn telephoning critical value results within 5 minutes of availability. There must be an ability to search and maintain the LMP Internet Web site database menu to provide specimen requirements to clients. The Call Centre will operate as an administrative service reporting to the Call Centre Manager.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Two (2) years related customer service experience
- Knowledge of laboratory terminology and procedures an asset
- Training in data entry, telephone techniques preferred
- Computer/work processing, database and spreadsheet software experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively over the telephone; pleasant telephone manner and attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be emphatic and tactful
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve clinic/client/customer problems in a diplomatic manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of applicable Hospital and departmental policies, procedures, guidelines, protocols and practices
- Ability to anticipate and tune – in to customer’s unique needs
- Ability to be consistent and display a positive/helpful attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and use good judgment
- Flexibility required to keep pace with an ever-changing environment
- Strong telephone/customer service focus
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Office Administration certificate or customer service program, preferred.
- Microsoft Office environment preferred
- Medical subject knowledge preferred
- Experience working in a health care environment as asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.