Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including Roofing, Glazing, Waterproofing, and Architectural Metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career
Flynn Group of Companies is currently looking to fill a Brake Press Operators position for our day shift. In this role, you will be working in our Metals Department on our Accurpress CNC Brake Press Machine. The position is located at our Mississauga Branch which is located at Airport Road and Derry in Mississauga. This position will be reporting to the Metals Foreman.
- What We Offer
- Training Available
- Paid Weekly – Direct Deposit
- Located on a Bus Route (Day shift only)
- Overtime available as needed
- $100 Safety boot allowance after 1 year
- Full-time hours
- Unlimited Coffee and Tea
- Read and interpret blueprint/shop drawings for machine setup.
- Work with a variety of saws, punch press, shears, folders & various other pneumatic equipment.
- Program and operate CNC Brake Press Machine.
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot when issues arise.
- Ensure productivity and on-time completion of work orders.
- Assist team in other productions requirements as needed.
- Desired Qualifications
- Experience programing basic equipment
- Experience operating CNC machines
- Experience operating an Accupress is considered an asset
- Able to work with a variety of saws, punch press, shears, folders & various other pneumatic equipment
- Ability to read a Tape Measure to 1/16th ” or 1 mm.
- Ability to confidently read and interpret shop drawings/blueprints
- Ability to focus on agreed-upon priorities, pay attention to detail that ensures high levels of quality
- Mechanically inclined, with knowledge & experience of equipment, tool selection, optimum settings, understanding of how things work and why
- Ability to troubleshoot and attend to issues as they arise
- Shows interest and willingly strive to learn new skills, and take on new assignments as the workload dictates