It’s an exciting time to be at OSL Retail Services, working for a people focused company that’s at the top of its game. The momentum we’ve generated in recent years with our commitments to client customers, innovation, business results, and an entrepreneurial spirit has created energy, enthusiasm, and engagement among our employees that is pushing us to new heights. And we’re on the lookout for talented people who share our vision and values and want to join us in this journey. At OSL, our culture is our foundation. Passionate employees, great customer service and long-term relationships are all built upon that foundation. We value people, passion, honesty, respect and integrity.
Operating out of our Mississauga, Ontario office, the Bilingual Human Resources Administrator, performs a range of HR administrative and coordinating duties in support of the HR function for their assigned client group(s). The duties include day-to-day administration of employee data management and benefits, administration and participation in recruitment, training, health and safety, performance management, ad hoc meetings and reporting, client correspondence, calls and HR Coordinator/Generalist back up for basic to moderate complexity with support from their supervisor on more complex issues.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Bilingual English and French
- Completes routine requisitions, new hire forms, onboarding (e.g. onboarding and change forms) and offboarding (extended absences, termination requisitions) activities for assigned practice area(s) and elevates more complex matters for support and or resolution as required
- First point of contact for general new hire onboarding, changes and offboarding inquiries. Elevates as required.
- Prepares, delivers and follows up on approved offer letters and onboarding documents
- Administers benefits enrolment, changes, terminations, invoicing, reconciliation, administration and general inquiries
- Administers vacation and extended absences administration including tracking, reconciliation and fulfillment follow-up
- Supports annual performance evaluation administration
- Assists with other HR administrative matters such as HR metrics, employment verification letters, HRIS troubleshooting and administration
- Assists with intake, research and response preparation of basic legislative inquiries and/or claims (e.g. Unemployment Insurance, Department of Labor, WCB, Social Assistance, Benefits, COBRA). Informs supervisor upon notification receipt of all such matters and elevates more complex matters to supervisor immediately
- Liaises with Recruiting and Payroll teams upstream and downstream to support employee lifecycle
- Supports Director, Human Resources through active participation in ad hoc meetings and other project assignments
- Assists with ensuring employee file and sign-off requirements are accurate and up to date
- Assists with ensuring client-base system records are accurate, maintained and up to date
- Supports occasional urgent evening and weekend HR support needs in an accurate and timely manner as required
- Performs any other duties as required
- Bilingual English and French
- A college or university degree, preferably in business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent office administration work experience
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resources preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a Human Resources role preferably in retail, sales and/or multi-unit operations preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized and detailed orientated
- Effective time management and inter-personal relation skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement
- High level of personal integrity
- Positive and supportive tone, attitude and work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous multi-unit national retail experience preferred
- Previous experience with United States labor laws and related legislation preferred but not required for this entry level HR role
- A competitive base salary plus bonuses and other perks
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus additional flex days
- Comprehensive benefits
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- A supportive workplace culture and work environment
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.