Almond Butterfly Cafe is now hiring Baristas for its two locations in downtown Toronto!
- Almond Butterfly Dundas
792 Dundas Street West (Bathurst & Dundas)
- Almond Butterfly Harbord
100 Harbord Street (Harbord & Spadina)
Now with two locations, Almond Butterfly Cafe is growing! We’re on the lookout for candidates who bring passion and energy to the position, with an understanding of what it takes to provide an amazing customer experience every shift.
Since its establishment in 2011, Almond Butterfly has been providing its customers with incredible food, delicious coffee, and sumptuous baked goods, all served in an upbeat and exciting atmosphere.
The Barista position is a full-time or part-time (15-35 hrs) position. This is a permanent position. The barista’s primary purpose is to skillfully prepare artisanale espresso-based beverages (with latte art); serve baked goods from our display counter; expedite orders pre-orders; and, most importantly, *WOW* our customers with an amazing, friendly experience that they’ll remember. Our Baristas love interacting with people, and have an easy smile. Is this you?
*** REQUIRED: INTRODUCTORY NOTE ***
Due to the high volume of applicants who apply, we absolutely require that an introductory note (i.e. “Message to employer”) be included with your application in order for you to be considered for the position. We want to hear from you! Please introduce yourself: tell us a little bit about who you are, and why you think you’d be a good fit for the position. *** APPLICATIONS WITHOUT AN INTRODUCTORY NOTE ARE TREATED AS SPAM, AND ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ. ***
Please CLEARLY INDICATE:
- (1) any current availability restrictions;
- (2) whether your availability will change in the next six months;
- (3) whether you have any planned leave in the next six months (include dates);
Key responsibilities of the barista position include:
- Preparing high-quality espresso beverages, that are made consistently and beautifully;
- Preparing and serving alcoholic beverages (Dundas location only; Smart Serve required)
- Processing orders on a point-of-sale, while serving customers in a friendly and efficient manner;
- Providing a friendly and helpful customer experience;
- Restocking, and maintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout the cafe;
- Opening/closing the restaurant, including cashout & lockup;
- Having the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while keeping a positive attitude;
Compensation is based on experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 15-35 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Barista: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- English (Required)