Position Title: Bakery Department Head
Position Type: Permanent
Requisition ID: 29018
Employment Type: Full-Time
The manager of the bakery department is responsible for the management of all business functions in the meat department in compliance with established standards. must use human, financial and material resources to increase the profitability and sales of its sector. The manager is responsible for purchasing, inventory, marketing, and planning for the department, in addition to training and supervising staff.
- Plan and coordinate the activities in the department to achieve sales and profitability objectives set by the director, while respecting the collective agreement in force.
- Ensure that the store is ready to assist customers with the quantity of goods, labelling of products, rotation of perishable goods and orders for missing products.
- Organize the work of the team according to operational needs.
- Ensure the application of the marketing in store and make the orders of the department.
- Verify and control the inventory.
- Apply the hygiene and sanitation standards of the sales area as well as the policies and standards of the company.
- Prior bakery experience and product knowledge is required
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a retail business in the relevant department.
- Having management experience is an important asset.
- Strong skills to lead and motivate a work team.
- Concern for quality and willingness to satisfy the needs of customers.
- Communication skills and initiative.
- Ability to plan, direct and organize in a unionized environment.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.