Utilizing strong mechanical and diagnostic abilities, the Auto HVAC Technician is responsible for maintenance functions and adjustments for HVAC systems on a variety of vehicles, including, but not limited to removing and reinstalling systems, diagnosing and repairing malfunctions and ensuring the HVAC systems are 100% functional.
· Troubleshoot and resolve HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems in a variety of vehicles
· Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on various vehicles in compliance with the manufacturers’ guidelines
· Install AC units
· Inspect and perform work in, on or under the vehicles
· Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems as required
· Complete reports on work required and completed as per departmental requirements
· Responsible for shop cleanliness, safety and compliance.
· Apply HVAC knowledge and work in accordance with training, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required.
- Complete other duties as directed by Manager.
· Automotive Service Technician Diploma or Certificate
· HVAC license is preferred
· 3 years hands-on experience in the diagnosis and repair of vehicle air-conditioning systems
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Demonstrated technical aptitude.
· Able to use hand and power tools (i.e. drills, saws, etc.).
· Basic computer skills required.
· Attention to detail.
· Good communication and listening skills.
· Ability to work alone and as part of a team
· Ability to keep up to date with developments in the Automotive-related HVAC industry
· Basic welding skills desired (such as Oxy/Acetylene, MIG, and ARC).
· Ability to read wiring diagrams and schematics
Reference ID: 2M7VME002
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday