Casual Lumina AV Technician
We are currently recruiting a professional, skilled and enthusiastic individual to work on our Terra Lumina AV Team – Winter 2020 /2021 season. Reporting to the Technical Support Supervisor, this position will provide technical support and operation for the Terra Lumina night walk outdoor AV installation.
HOURS OF WORK: 30 – 40 hours per week
· Assist with the technical support of professional light, sound, video, and computer equipment.
· Assist with show operation.
· Assist with pre-show and post show equipment checks.
· Assist with maintenance of inventory of AV equipment, tools and parts.
· Assist with equipment diagnostics and repairs.
· Assist with ensuring the security of AV equipment.
· Update computer, AV systems, and other related software.
· Provide statistics and reports.
· Proactively identify issues and research solutions.
· Provide directions to guests, answer questions and provide other assistance as required for guests of the Lumina Night Walk.
· Remove snow as required for equipment operation and for safety of guests.
· Other related duties as requested.
· Diploma in electronics engineering or related field of study completed or in progress preferred.
· Experience as a lighting, audio or video technician in a live show environment such as theatre, concerts, AV installations, corporate events, etc.
· Must have an understanding and working knowledge of commercial grade lighting (DMX), audio, video projection equipment, and computer systems/networking.
· Experience in operating, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing electronic equipment.
· Experience with AV products software changes, configuration, updates, and programming.
· Customer service experience.
· Ability to communicate with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
· Knowledge of WHMIS and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
· Self-starter, able to work with little direct supervision.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle the physical (walk 5km+ and lift 50lbs) and climatic demands of the position.
· Problem solving skills with handling multiple priorities.
· Must be able and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
· Full G Class driver’s license valid in the province of Ontario is required.
*Please state “Application for Casual AV Technician – Lumina” in the subject line of your application.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto Zoo provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities, as defined under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If contacted for an interview, and you require specific accommodation for the interview process because of a disability or a medical need, then please advise the person contacting you of your requirements, so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin the interview process.
Contract length: 9 months
Application deadline: 2020-07-15
Expected start date: 2020-07-27
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $23.93 /hour
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
The Toronto Zoo is taking action to prevent our employees by ensuring their health and safety. We provide all required PPE including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Audio Visual: 1 year (Required)
- G class drivers license (Required)