University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Associate Technical Analyst in the Artificial Intelligent & Robotics in Rehab Lab (AIRR).
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The AIRR invites applications for the position of Associate Technical Analyst (Machine Learning) to work on a research project to develop predictive models for determining homeboundness in older adults using the Canadian Longitudinal Study Aging data (https://clsa-elcv.ca/about-us). The CLSA is a large, national, long-term study of more than 50,000 individuals who were between the ages of 45 and 85 when recruited. This exciting project provides excellent opportunities to hone ones skills in solving real-world problems with high impact.
Other duties may include: maintaining knowledgebase database and updates actions taken; ensuring user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance tasks troubleshoots; liaising with end users and other systems departments; establishing and maintaining user directories with appropriate access rights; providing operational support for information systems, networks, peripheral equipment; following up with user to ensure that problems have been resolved; utilizing software and hardware tools, assists with identification and diagnosis of factors affecting performance; maintains inventory of systems, subsystems and component parts used in repair; evaluating user requests for new and/or modified networks, software and hardware; identifies and resolves basic system operations problems.
- At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related area
- At minimum, one (1) year related experience required
- Advanced knowledge in feature selection, supervised and unsupervised ML techniques
- Experience with categorical, numerical and mixed data, missing data, linear/non-linear ML classifiers
- Hands on experience in Python, scikit-learn and scipy libraries
- Excellent communication and cross-disciplinary collaboration skills
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Self-motivated and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience working in highly regulated industries
- Ability to function productively on multiple project teams simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing demands of short and long-term projects, tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.