Full Job Description
Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Requisition ID: 30986
Employment Type: Full-Time
Food Basics – Mississauga is recruiting !
Assists the Store Manager in providing day to day management of the store including growing sales, staffing, merchandising, expense control, providing a safe environment for employees and customers and delivering a superior shopping experience for the customer. Also, the Assistant Store Manager operates the store within established Company policy, government legislation and collective agreements.
- Assists the Store Manager to achieve or exceed weekly, period and fiscal year store goals and objectives, including sales, profit, margin targets, shrink targets and labour targets.
- Works with the Store Manager to implement various merchandising programs, procedures and processes designed to maximize the operational efficiencies and profitability of the store.
- Works with Department Managers to establish productivity goals and operational standards. Ensures merchandise is ordered and displayed according to company planograms.
- Ensures the store is maintained in accordance with all health and safety regulations as established by the company and regulatory authorities.
- Provides leadership by hiring, training, directing and developing a staff that is customer focused. Ensures that all actions and events portray a customer friendly shopping environment
- Actively utilize new technology initiatives ensuring own and staff proficiency
- Maintains a pulse on competitive activity in the local market area and providing recommendations to Operations to overcome competitive disadvantages
- Actively participates in store based initiatives designed to enhance community involvement and enhance the store’s image as a supporter of community activities
- Creates and maintains a strong working relationship with vendors and union business representatives
- Ensures the store is maintained in accordance with all health and safety regulations as established by the company and regulatory authorities
- College or University education
- 3 to 5 years progressive management experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Good business acumen
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong time management skills
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.