Canada Computers & Electronics is a retailer of personal computers, IT components, and consumer electronics. We strive to provide our clients with the latest and greatest technology and services for the best value. Our people are knowledgeable, passionate and go beyond expectations to delight our clients.
We offer the right platform and support for your professional growth and advancement. Join us today to launch your career with Canada Computers & Electronics!
We are currently looking for an Assistant Store Manager at our Midtown Toronto location!
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for maintaining the store, inventories, customer service, cash controls and staffing, and managing staff in accordance with Canada Computers policies and procedures. This position operates under the direct management of the Store Manager and helps lead the store team. This position interacts with store hourly employees, store management, outside vendors, members of the operations team, the head office team, and customers.
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the store to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals
- Ensure that the company’s plan, systems and procedures are carried out to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the store
- Ensure that the entire store team works as a single team with a clear focus and high energy
- Manage Inventory control, completion of stock checks and conduct investigations if products are missing
- Enforces compliance with government regulations, employment laws, Canada Computers operations, policies and procedures relating to all store activities
- Recognize and monitor security issues, prevent internal and external theft
- If necessary, handle the cash register, answer the phone within three (3) rings, assist with sales, store merchandise and returns
- Assists in the implementation of the company’s marketing plans as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in retail sales
- 1-3 years of management experience
- College/University degree or equivalent preferred
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets
- Strong understanding of managerial skills and coaching staff
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise which entails lifting
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Work requires a willingness to work flexible schedules, including weekends and holidays as needed
Traditional Physical Requirements:
- Occasionally lift, move, carry, and stack cartons up to 50 lbs from various heights to/from shelves
- Stand and walk for long periods of time (duration of shift)
- Occasionally climb on stools or ladders and reach for items located on shelves
- Frequently squat or stoop to reach items on low shelves or off the floor
- Routinely reach overhead, forward and underneath shelves and counters
- Requires motions of bending, wrapping, sweeping and mopping
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canada Computers is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Canada Computers will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support the participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4P 2E7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person