Swegon North America is growing! We are looking for a full-time permanent Assembly Worker to join our team in Ajax at our brand new Manufacturing and North American head office location.
Swegon is a North American leader in HVAC, noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors. www.swegonnorthamerica.com
This a 4-day, 10hr shift – 40hrs per week working Monday to Thursday 6:00am – 4:30pm. Position includes Benefits & Bonus opportunities!
What we offer:
- Hourly Wage: $22.50/hr to start for the 720 hr probation time period, then increases to $23.50/hr
- Cross-training opportunities, overtime and bonus incentives, paid time off, an employee referral bonus program as well as a Comprehensive Benefits package including: life insurance, health, dental, employee assistance program (EAP) & disability insurance
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Team building and social events
- Brand new and modern manufacturing facility
- Free parking and many amenities close by
- Great location just north of the 401
Job Summary & Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years’ of assembly experience within a manufacturing environment
- Able to assemble electrical boxes, drive units and motor controls as per drawings
- Assemble cabinetry as per drawings/blueprints as well as wiring installation for control panels and other components
- Licensed Forklift and/or Reach truck operator
- Certified to operate overhead crane and jib crane (preferred)
- Trained to safely lift materials manually
- Read and interpret blueprint drawings
- Use of basic hand tools, measuring tape, calipers, protractors
- Basic conversion from metric/imperial, fractions to decimals
- Experience with using an ERP is preferred
- Pick material as per instructions
- Good communication and people skills and ability to interact well with others.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Follow safety procedures and be safety conscious
Assessment of Skills & Ability may be required
At Swegon North America we prioritize and value equity, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable workplace creating an inclusive environment for all employees and prospective new team members. We are an equal opportunity employer and are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace culture where everyone is welcome.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Swegon North America offers reasonable accommodations for prospective candidates and employees with different abilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-7371.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.50 per hour