Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company? Do you have technical skills, sales drive and a passion for best in class customer service? We are seeking an Application Engineer who prides themselves on connecting customer needs to superior solutions, value and service within the Commercial Ventilation division of Swegon North America.
Swegon North America is a leader in HVAC, noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half of a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors. Swegon supplies components and systems creating superior indoor climate, energy conservation and acoustic solutions producing environments designed for ultimate quality and comfort.
What we offer…
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Comprehensive benefits that start on your very first day
- Flexible work hours
- Modern and spacious employee lounge including a big screen TV and Ping Pong
- Team building and social events
- Convenient location in Markham, free parking and many amenities close by
Reporting to the Application Engineering Supervisor, this role is responsible for the design, application engineering, specification, preparation and coordination of proposals with the Commercial Ventilation team.
The Application Engineer will support the team assisting in the application of Swegon products sold in North America including chilled beam systems, ventilation systems, airflow control systems and other various HVAC products.
- Work closely with Swegon RSM’s and Rep’s, mechanical consulting engineers, architects, contractors and etc. to provide application engineering service for commercial ventilation systems
- Become a Swegon factory expert for DOAS (Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems) and chilled beam design
- Ability to “design” or “reverse engineer” HVAC systems and provide a high level of technical application engineering and sales support expertise in energy efficient HVAC building design.
- Utilizing advanced knowledge in psychrometric chart, relative humidity, air/water systems, etc.
- Achieve personal and group sales objectives
- Generate schedules and modify product specifications with competitive advantage notes
- Quote budget and confirm pricing as required
- Work with product selection software for DOAS and Chilled Beam System design
- Deliver post order customer service including resolution of commercial issues with the rep; troubleshoot and problem solve commercial ventilation issues with the mechanical consultant, rep and end users as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, building engineering or equivalent, Master’s degree is an asset
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in HVAC field
- Working knowledge of psychrometrics
- Strong analytical and calculation skills
- AutoCAD, Revit and HVAC mechanical system design skills
- Ability to multitask and juggle projects (complexity/flexibility)
- Understanding of ASHRAE standards – 55, 62.1, 90.1
- Superior Microsoft Office and Excel Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience conducting presentations
- Project management skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Application Engineering: 3 years (preferred)
- Applied HVAC: 3 years (preferred)
- working knowledge of psychrometrics: 3 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19