We are currently accepting applications for 2nd year or higher student majoring in a health or science-related field. The successful candidate will be partnering with cashier, pharmacists, technicians, and medication reimbursement specialists to provide pharmacy operations support to patients at Princess Margaret Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy. Student will be involved with covering cashier, packaging medication deliveries, electronic / paper filing and retrieval responsibilities; entering clinical research data into online databases; organizing, storing, and tracking material; keeping inventory of office resources (computers etc.), performing cross-functional responsibilities, as assigned; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required. Opportunity to participate in pharmacy department educational rounds, teaching sessions, peer teaching and learning also exists.
1. A keen interest and enthusiasm for hospital pharmacy practice.
2. Previous hospital or community pharmacy experience is an asset
3. > 2nd year student majoring in a health or science-related field
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills (especially phone and email)
6. Excellent organization and time management skills
7. Ability to prioritize work load
8. Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks
9. Ability to complete new tasks and pick up new skills easily
10. Ability to work effectively under pressure
11. Attention to detail in work
12. General computer savvy (Knowledge of common shortcuts, entering web-based forms efficiently
13. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel (formulas, formatting, sorting etc.
14. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word (formatting, find and replace, template design etc.)
15. Knowledge of general office practice, procedures and standards
16. Understanding of some medical terminology
17. Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: August 20, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Posting # 862139
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.