As an integral member of the Nutrition Department, the principal responsibilities of the AIDE include: preparing and stocking the nutrition centre with required items for patient meals; preparing tray add-ons and meal changes; taking dirty food trucks to the basement; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- 1 month practical and related experience
- Food Service Worker Certificate preferred
- Food Handlers Certificate preferred
- Ability to read/understand short notes, brief forms and memos
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: able to lift up to 5 kg, loading, and unloading food trucks; pushing heavy food trucks during pick up and delivery of meals
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Will be required to work on weekends and statutory holidays
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
POSTED DATE: February 21, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.