From corrugated packaging, paper bags, retail displays, pre-print, supply and inventory management, paper mills and recycling, Atlantic is strategically positioned to provide customers with a total packaging solution.
As a Windows Systems Administrator at Atlantic Packaging, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining our Windows-based infrastructure, ensuring the smooth operation of the organization’s computer systems. You will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and supporting Windows servers and related technologies.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows server operating systems and related software in a VMware environment.
- Monitor and manage Windows servers, services, and applications to ensure high availability and optimal performance.
- Perform regular system backups and ensure data integrity and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Manage Active Directory, including user accounts, permissions, and group policies.
- Install, configure, and maintain various server roles and features, such as DHCP, DNS, file services, and print services.
- Monitor and maintain system security, including antivirus software, firewalls, and system patches and updates.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Windows systems, network connectivity, and application software.
- Monitor system logs and proactively identify and address potential issues or security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to integrate Windows systems with other platforms and technologies.
- Create and maintain system documentation, including configuration details, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct system performance analysis and capacity planning to ensure optimal performance and scalability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices related to Windows systems administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Windows System Administrator or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server operating systems, including Windows Server 2016/2019/2022.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, group policies and user management.
- Experience with VMware.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting for automation and system management tasks.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recover procedures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Relevant certifications such as MCSA or MCSE would be a plus.
Customer Focus – Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and audits customer satisfaction with products or services.
Decision Quality – Gathers enough information to allow a pragmatic assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process. Communicates the impact and implications of decisions. Completes the appropriate level of due diligence required to make a quick, accurate decision.
Drive for Results – Achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities and results are not the same. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; consistently challenges self and others for results.
Leadership – The expectation of leadership is not reserved solely for only those who are in positions of authority, but from all employees. They demonstrate high integrity and are motivated by wanting to make a real difference to people by delivering a high-quality service for their customer and the organization. In positions of authority they: invest in development for the right people and identify and develop future leaders, and coach and provide candid feedback to others. They are visible and they model behaviors, competencies and values expected and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.
Teamwork – Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Ensures the right stakeholders are informed and involved where necessary. Is ready to “roll up their sleeves” as necessary.
Think and Act like an owner – Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact HR@atlantic.ca