ADMINISTRATIVE QUALITY LEAD
Job Posting #: 923744
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Princess Margaret Management
Reports to: Clinical Director
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $62,771 – $78,468 annually. To commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy.
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Posted Date: August 25th 2023
Closing Date: September 15th 2023
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses?Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground-breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.?
As an integral member of the interprofessional team, the Administrative Quality Lead acts as a resource for the administrative team (PFCs and administrative staff). This position will play a key leadership role by mentoring and providing direction, ongoing development and preceptorship to team members.
- Support current administrative staff and other team member practices within the department and utilize Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and Patient Centered Care to validate or change practices
- Contribute to staff development by promoting and ensuring a supportive/collaborative learning environment and applying principles of adult learning and practice standards for administrative staff
- Provide direct supervision of PFC staff; recommend disciplinary action in consultation with unit Nursing Manager or when Nurse Manager is absent
- Contribute to the development or revision of specialty standards or unit guidelines, including reviewing, revising and creating written policies and procedures that guide practice with other team members including leadership
- Participate in quality improvement through administrative opportunities, data collection, planning, implementation and evaluation of new initiatives
- Collect and review quality indicators; identify gaps and trends; develop action plans and report quality issues to the Nurse Manager/Clinical Director
- Participate in leadership activities i.e., project development, committee work and policy development
- Facilitate open communication and collaborative partnerships with the interprofessional team
- At minimum, a completion of BA Baccalaureate required.
- Five (5) years clinical administrative experience, including experience as required by area of responsibility and experience working in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent skills in recognizing, analyzing and resolving problems
- Excellent decision making skills
- Clinical and patient teaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborates with others in assisting with the delivery of care to patients
- Adapt to and implement change; facilitate its acceptance by others
- Maintain and protect patient confidentiality in accordance with UHN Confidentiality policy requirements
- Exercise initiative and good judgement with ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Experience working with Epic Hospital Information System
- Understanding and application of project management principles
- Understanding and application of quality improvement methodologies, e.g. Lean Process Improvement
- Understanding and application of change management principles
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.