Date Posted: 08/23/2023
Req ID: 33613
Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough
Department: UTSC: Department of Management
Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
Position Number: 00034078
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
UTSC Management is a world leader in providing business education that is heavily influenced by experiential learning and internationalization. The goal of UTSC Management is to create opportunities for our students to learn and experience leadership by applying the latest management theory to real-world problems both inside and outside the classroom.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director, Operations and Finance, the incumbent will foster a welcoming, positive, friendly, professional and resourceful environment while providing advanced office and reception support in order to ensure the efficient operation of the Department of Management. This role is also the first line of contact for current and prospective students, faculty members, as well as the general public who have inquiries about the Department and its programming, as well as preparing payroll related documents in a timely manner and managing space appropriately.
This search aligns with the University’s commitment to strategically and proactively promote diversity among our community members (Statement on Equity, Diversity & Excellence). Recognizing that Black, Indigenous, and other Racialized communities have experienced inequities that have developed historically and are ongoing, we strongly welcome and encourage candidates from those communities to apply.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for general enquiries
- Resolving issues within the scope of the role and escalating problems as required
- Distributing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries including examinations
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Ordering supplies within established limits
- Collecting and preparing supporting documentation required for payroll and/or HRIS processing
- Coordinating room assignments and room changes throughout the year
- Maintaining equipment and supply inventory
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of administrative and/or secretarial experience in a busy and highly customer-service oriented environment
- Strong communication and analytical skills (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of website-updating software
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and meet competing priorities and deadlines
- Outstanding computer skills as applied to databases, spreadsheets, word processing and direct, demonstrable experience with Windows operating systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are essential
- Must be highly service-oriented with a genuine commitment to fulfilling the departmental mission and to offering quality service while fostering positive working relationships with all areas of the University
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills with a positive and professional attitude and a flexible approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, good judgment and diplomacy when dealing with students, faculty and staff
- A high degree of initiative, creativity, and attention to detail is required. The ability to prioritize and complete many competing demands in order to meet strict deadlines is essential
- Applicants are also expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment
- Experience in a university setting with knowledge of academic policies, practices and procedures and familiarity with the University of Toronto Guide to Financial Management an asset
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
Closing Date: 09/06/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 09 – $60,006 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $76,739. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.