Full Job Description
Pay Rate: Competitive hourly rate based upon experience
Location: Keele and Langstaff – Vaughan – Brand New Plant
Shift: 6:30 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
Here’s where you come in…
As Combined Metal Industries continues to grow, we are looking for a Traffic Control Person to set up, maintain, and control traffic throughout our yard in Concord. We are looking for an individual who matches our commitment to professionalism, customer service, and strive for excellence.
- Directing traffic in/out of the yard
- Assisting drivers to their respective docks
- Guide safe backup of trailers
- Manage proper traffic flow in the drive lane
- When idle, actively clear the drive lane of debris (picking/sweeping)
- Ensuring materials are not stacked outside of designated areas
- Assist/direct dumping and pickup of bins
- Liaise with the scale house (radio use)
- Take paperwork to drivers
- Manage driver PPE gaps
- Direct drivers to washrooms
- Direct outbound traffic to scale house
- Observe safe conditions overall outdoors
- Document/follow-up on customer service concerns
- Superior customer service skills – keeping positive atmosphere is very important
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and punctual Must present a professional demeanour
- Possess the desire and ability to learn
- Physically able to stand for multiple hours
A few super cool things about us / what we offer:
- Brand-new state of the art facility (240,000 square feet)
- Change rooms with lockers and showers
- Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Uniforms and Laundering Service
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
- Free CMI Academy webinars and workshops to accelerate your professional development
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us
- A purposeful role in protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would make an impact at CMI.
We are Public Transit accessible! CMI is located at Keele and Langstaff in Concord. A 20-minute bus ride from TTC Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York and a 10-15-minute bus ride from Rutherford GO Station in Vaughan. We will reimburse York Region Transit if you need to pay a double fare.