Job Posting #907102
Position: Administrative Assistant, People & Culture
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: People & Culture
Reports to: Multiple People & Culture Directors
Salary Range: 20.86 – 26.08 per hour (to commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full Time
The People & Culture Team is looking for a passionate Administrative Assistant who enjoys providing excellent customer service and is focused on supporting the P&C team.
The University Health Network (UHN), where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of care and patients treatment, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education
What the role looks like:
As our ideal candidate, you are an experienced Administrative Assistant, comfortable supporting multiple People and Culture Directors. The successful candidate will:
- Provide a high level of administrative support ensuring quality service, inclusion and professionalism at every customer interaction
- Manage efficiently in a multi-tasked environment and ensure deadlines are met
- Apply appropriate due diligence ensuring accuracy in preparing and promptly completing all required supporting documentation (reports, presentations, invoices, communications, tables, charts, files, etc.)
- Ensure the optimal level of customer service and integrity is provided
- Provide accurate, organized and efficient administrative support
- Collect and track data, research information, sort and distribute mail, balance and process expense reports and any other reports, and perform other administrative assignments as required
- Consistently exercise discretion in handling correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; raise issues where appropriate
- Prepare payroll entries and payroll adjustments for 40+ individuals
- Be an effective teammate and flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities
- Participate fully as a member of the team and contribute to a positive work environment
- Keep others in the immediate team informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Provide dedicated administrative support to multiple People & Culture Directors and their respective team
- Organize, schedule, and attend meetings as required to provide administrative support including taking notes, following up on action items, distributing meeting minutes, etc.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of post-secondary education or combination of administrative experience or related field
- Two (2) years related administrative support experience
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team with flexibility for effectively coordinating processes and information across related teams
- A dynamic professional with willingness to learn and take initiative on upcoming tasks and projects
- Experience working in a fast-paced operational environment
- Demonstrated experience working with equity seeking groups and principles of inclusion, diversity, equity and Antiracism.
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple supervisors and deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate with various audiences, stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Willingness to come to office 2-3 days a week/based on business requirements
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: Sept 26, 2022 CLOSING DATE: October 7, 2022
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.