- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Completion of recognized medical secretarial arts program at the diploma level or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum of (1) one year of related medical and secretarial experience.
- Previous on-the-job computer/word processing, database and spreadsheet software experience required
- Experienced and comfortable, handling a diverse array of patients.
- OHIP billing experience is required
- EPR (Electronic Patient Record) & PHS (Pathways Healthcare Scheduling) experience is an asset
- Very good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to perform duties in a self-directed manner required
- Experience working in a health care environment within a teaching hospital preferred
POSTED DATE: July 9, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.