JOB POSTING #907645
Position: Administrative Assistant III
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Radiation Therapy – UHN
Reports to: Physician
Salary: $25.63-32.04 per hour (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
The Administrative Assistant III exercises judgment and independence to provide complex secretarial and administrative support services to senior professional personnel, including: coordinating and maintaining written and/or electronic calendar/schedule for assigned personnel; utilizing advanced functions to provide word processing/typing services to facilitate the production of complex documents/materials; coordinating, organizing or planning meetings/events; providing direct and/or functional supervision for assigned personnel; monitoring and analyzing department budgets; ensuring efficient operation of the office; developing, organizing and maintaining electronic and paper information filing/retrieval methods, systems or formats; performing clerical support functions; performing cross-functional responsibilities, as required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned.
Serving as the primary support person to the Chief of Surgical Oncology, you will exercise considerable judgment and have independence in providing complex administrative support to a busy Divisional lead. You will possess an in-depth knowledge of the Chief’s preferences to be able to effectively plan his schedule and organize his daily activities. Your overall responsibility is to ensure that all work from this office is deftly managed by being focused on effectively and efficiently managing constantly changing priorities related to internal and external stakeholder meetings, calendar and schedule management and effective communication with all relevant parties. In addition you will produce first rate documentation and anticipate the Chief’s professional needs. The role will also require you to interact with senior management across multiple sites and interface with clients and vendors.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a recognized medical office or business administration program at the diploma level
- Four (4) years related secretarial support experience
- Previous on-the-job computer/word-processing, database and spreadsheet software experience; solid experience in a Microsoft Office environment particularly with Word and Powerpoint
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Very good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Very good verbal and written communications skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care, organizational/office practices, procedures and standards
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Preparing reports and presentations
- Ensuring invoice payment and office account management
- Ability to manage a number of competing priorities at once and track all tasks to completion
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTING DATE: October 6, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.