$23.28–$29.10 an hour
Full Job Description
Position: Medical Administrative Assistant II – 1 position available
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Medical Oncology and Hematology
Reports to: Manager, Medical Oncology and Hematology
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Mon – Fri 8:00am – 4:00pm or 9:00 am – 5:00 pm depending on the needs of the program.
Status: Temporary Full Time – 1 Year
The MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II exercises considerable judgment/independence and utilizes knowledge of medical terminology/moderately advanced functions to provide secretarial and clerical services, in support of medical/professional personnel, including: acting in a moderately independent manner to maintain written and/or electronic appointment schedule/calendar for various levels of personnel; utilizing knowledge of medical terminology and moderately advanced functions to provide word processing/typing services to facilitate the production of moderately complex documents/materials for assigned personnel; drawing upon knowledge of medical terminology and senior secretarial experience to provide efficient and effective reception responsibilities; organizing, modifying, and maintaining confidential electronic/paper filing/retrieval methods, systems and/or formats; arranging small to mid-size formal and informal meetings/events; performing moderately complex billing and budgetary functions for multiple cost centers; providing functional supervision and leadership to lower classified clerical positions; ensuring efficient operation of the office, within scope of authority; performing other related clerical support activities; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of a medical terminology course
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary medical office administration program at the diploma level or equivalent
- Three (3) years related medical administrative support experience
- Previous on-the-job computer/word-processing, database and spreadsheet software experience; experience in a Microsoft Office environment
OHIP Billing experience
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent word-processing/typing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent knowledge of health care, organizational/office practices, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate as an active participant with others in assisting with the delivery of care to patients
- Ability to maintain and protect patient confidentiality
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment is assessing difficult situations
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset
- Experience working in a teaching hospital environment an asset
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
POSTED: November 15, 2022 CLOSING DATE: UNTIL FILLED
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.