As an integral member of the Arthritis Program the responsibilities of the ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II, include: providing direct supervision for Hand staff; ensuring efficient operation of the office; coordinating and/or participating in professional development / educational activities and programs to ensure excellence in the provision of services; coordinating the processing of fellowship applications for the Division and the University of Toronto; coordinating schedules and orientation for the Physician Staff and for the Residents and Fellows; performing timekeeper duties for the Hand Staff; performing financial and bill payment activities, as required; providing administrative services to the Director Hand Surgery; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent required.
- Completion of a recognized medical or business post secondary secretarial arts program at the diploma level or equivalent work experience required.
- Five (5) years related experience required.
- Previous on-the-job computer/word processing, database and spreadsheet software experience required; experience in a Microsoft Office environment preferred.
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards required.
- Strong knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards required.
POSTED DATE: November 5, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.