JOB POSTING #907919
Site: All UHN Sites
Department: Health Services
Reports to: Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (non-traditional admin hours); Shifts: 8-10 hour shifts (days/evenings/weekends)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Administrative Assistant I in our Occupational Health Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The Administrative Assistant exercises some judgment or decision-making to provide secretarial and clerical services in support of administrative and/or professional personnel, including: performing word processing/typing services for assigned personnel; providing support with small and/or informal meetings/events; maintaining written and/or electronic schedules/ documentation. records; maintaining and modifying electronic and paper information filing/retrieval systems methods, and/or formats; performing routine budgetary support functions; ordering supplies; providing functional supervision to lower classified clerical position(s); ensuring the efficient operation of the office; performing other related clerical activities; performing cross-functional responsibilities, as assigned; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent
- One (1) year related secretarial experience
- Must be able to handle call centre and dispatch calls to the appropriate resource
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment which entails receiving phone requests, dispatching calls and inputting data into the computer maintenance management system and generating Excel reports
- Knowledge of the facility operations and various trade workers classifications required
- Knowledge of computer and type skills required (50 wpm)
- Must have direct customer service experience (minimum 2 years)
- Excellent written and verbal communications required
- Previous on-the-job computer/word processing, database and spreadsheet software experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Experience in Microsoft Office Environment required (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 13, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.